This egg-free decadent Chocolate Mousse is a family favourite. Perfect for your next dinner party or just because.
200g Dark Eating Chocolate
2 tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we recommend Gigi)
1 tblsp Baileys liqueur (or whatever you prefer)
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
1/3 Cup Milk
2 tblsp Caster Sugar
1 Cup Thickened Cream
Black Pepper to serve.
1. In a food processor, grind chocolate until very fine.
2. Combine EVOO, Liqueur and Vanilla in a cup.
3. Heat milk, sugar and salt in a small saucepan, stirring until all the sugar is dissolved. While the food processor is running pour the hot mixture through the feed tube, continuing to process for about 20 seconds or until all the chocolate is melted. Add the EVOO mixture until completely blended and glossy. Allow to cool completely in a large bowl.
4. Beat the cream until it just holds very softly. Fold 1/3 of the cream into the chocolate mixture, then fold the remaining until just completely combined. Divide the mixture between serving glasses and refrigerate.
5. Remove glasses about 10 minute before serving to allow time to soften slightly, sprinkle freshly cracked pepper to serve.