By Chef Orazio D'Elia with Plate for a Mate for Oz Harvest
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Diced 2kg Manning Valley Naturally Beef Brisket
- 4 tablespoons Nothin' but Olives Robust EVOO
- Drizzle of Rio Vista Olives Chilli Pressed Olive Oil
- 3-4 Birdseye Chilli’s finely sliced
- Half a cup of red wine
- 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1kg Perfection Fresh Truss tomatoes
- 1 x Punnet of Perfection Fresh Romatherapy tomatoes
- 500g Fettuccini
- Sea salt flakes
- 200g Parmigiana Reggiano gated finely
- Chop or blitz your onion and garlic in a food processor.
- Remove fat from Beef Brisket roughly chop.
- Dice the Beef Brisket into 2-3cm cubes.
- In a large and deep saucepan with medium-high heat, heat your olive oil.
- Add in Brisket fat and render fat for 10mins.
- Add in the onion, garlic and sliced chilli. After a few minutes of sweating, add in your brisket cubes.
- Once the beef has lightly browned, add half a cup of red wine, preferably a good southern Italian one.
- When the wine has cooked off a bit and it’s bubbling away, add in your tomato paste into the mix. Stir through.
- In a food processor blitz all tomatoes into a fine juice, add to pot and add water if needed to cover the meat.
- Season with a bit of salt at this stage.
- Cook this uncovered on a low-medium simmer for 3.5-4 hours.
- In heavily salted boiling water, cook your Fettuccini until al dente.
- Drain and add the pasta to the pot of sauce. Stir in finely grated Parmigiana Reggiano to combine.
- Served with a drizzle of Rio Vista Olives Chilli Pressed olive oil.